It’s a new year and UBS Digital is looking to grow. This has motivated us to expand our creative team. We are looking for Creative Graphics Designer and a Social Media Intern to join us.
UBS Digital is homegrown technology services company providing professional online marketing for SMEs in Nigeria. Our focus areas include web and mobile development, technology consulting, social media marketing and PPC.
Working for UBS Digital
First of all, at UBS Digital, we’re not as obsessed with experience as we are with ability. Maybe you haven’t had a chance to show off your creativity or your skills before now. Well, this is your chance. We’re more interested in your creative flair, your business acumen, and ability than in where you’ve worked or who you’ve worked for.
Secondly, you need reliable internet access to be able to work for UBS Digital. We’re championing the remote working revolution here. Thus, since inception, we’ve only ever had 3 people in the office any one time. And we’d like to keep it that way (at least, for now, while we can), which means you need to be available online at all times during working hours. This also means you’ll be working with little or no supervision, as such, you must be able to manage yourself and manage your time effectively. This is essential.
Lastly, at UBS Digital, we’re one big happy family (or at the very least, distant relations). Even though we may only see each other once a year, we like to think we’re close-knit. So, don’t be afraid to share. Whether it’s challenges, ideas or just something funny, you’re always welcome.
Specifics for the roles
As a graphic designer on our team, you’ll be doing a lot of design (lol). The skills you’ll require include:
- Proven design experience: preferably in the form of an online portfolio
- Creative flair: ability to “think outside the box”, without sounding too cliché
- Great communication skills: verbal, written, or otherwise
- Proficiency in modern design software such as GIMP, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Awareness of current industry standards
- Professionalism: ability to keep to timelines and deadlines
- Versatility: ability to design anything from logos to banners to product illustrations
Social Media Intern
As a social media intern, you’ll be managing our social media account. So, here’s what we’ll need from you:
- Have an interest in digital marketing, online marketing, digital advertising
- Be conversant with popular social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Design skills are a plus
- Experience with social media analytics
- Experience running social media campaigns
If you think you’re a good fit for us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you on board!