Apply for Facebook’s Small Business Grant in Nigeria
Run a business in Nigeria? Has your business been affected by COVID-19? Facebook has set up a grant to help people just like you during this tough time. The social networking company has set aside ₦500 million to support 781 businesses in Nigeria. Here’s how to apply for Facebook’s small business grant.
Cash vs. Ad credits
Facebook’s small business grants come in two forms:
- ₦400,128 cash grants, and
- ₦240,077 in ad credits
Are you eligible for Facebook’s small business grant?
To be eligible for Facebook’s small business grant, your business needs to meet the following criteria:
- It must be for profit (that is, not an N.G.O)
- You must have 2 to 50 employees
- Have been in business for over ONE year
- Been affected by COVID-19
- Be in or near a location where Facebook operates (*if you operate in Nigeria, you’re covered)
What documentation will you need?
When you’re submitting your application, you’ll need to supply the following:
- Legal documentation confirming your business has been around for more than ONE year (Certificate of Incorporation or Annual Tex Return)
- Recent financial statements (inc. Balance sheet, Profit/Loss statement and Income statement)
You’ll need to upload these documents in PDF format. Also, at a later stage, you may need to provide further documentation.
Follow this link to APPLY for Facebook’s small business grant. If you have questions, you can reach out to us. Also, you can contact Facebook’s country partners for the grant application process, firstname.lastname@example.org.
And hurry, as applications close at 5pm (WAT) on Friday, 4th of September, 2020.